How to take care of your skin. Dos & don’ts:
Having the perfect skin takes time and consistency, it won’t happen overnight! If you’re looking to slow down the aging of your skin or prevent breakouts, there are some common methods everyone can do to keep a good, healthy skin care level. This doesn’t need to be a long process or even a hassle in your daily routine, it can just be an excuse to give yourself a small pamper at the end of each day.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Do try and wear sunscreen daily. UV rays from the sun can be very damaging to your skin and is one of the reasons for aging skin. Therefore, it is important to make this a part of your daily routine. Although some makeups have sunscreen in it, it may not be enough to protect against the UV rays therefor if you opt for an independent product, you will be better protected.
- Don’t forget to moisturise on a daily basis. Although this can be a pain to fit into a busy morning, it’s an essential part of your skin care routine. Whatever type of skin you may have whether it be dry, oily or something halfway, finding the correct type of moisturiser will make all the difference to your skin.
- Do give your body some attention. Everybody loves a nice warm bath, especially after a long hard winter’s day. However, did you know that if you don’t take a bath in the right way, it can cause your skin to dry out and become flaky. The optimum time for you to remain in a bath is 10 minutes and not to have the water too warm. This can cause irritation with your skin and be a cause of dry skin. It’s also recommended not to use harmful alkaline soaps which can also cause sever irritation.
- Don’t forget about your neck and chest. These are areas of your body often exposed to the sun just as much as your face. But we are always reminded to only look after our faces. When conducting your daily exfoliating and moisturising, remember to also cover your neck and chest. The skin here can be thin therefore is prone to aging quickly if the UV rays from the sun get too much.
- Do remember to remove your makeup before bed. This may seem insignificant but it’s a vital part of your day for your skin. Throughout the day, your makeup will have accumulated lots of dirt, durst and nasty oils of which need removing before you sleep. Your skin is in recovery when sleeping therefore the last thing you want are these harmful substance seeping back into your skin. This can cause out breaks, irritated skin, and clogged pores. So don’t be lazy and spare a small 5 minutes at the end of your day, improving your skin for the years to come.